Hotel with bike rentals Varenna
The Hotel Villa Cipressi offers something extra with a bike rental service. Varenna and the surrounding area can be properly explored along a range of paths and cycle routes that have been designed for every level of cycling enthusiast.
Guests can choose the type of bike they prefer by booking directly with the reception desk.
This is an amenity that’s designed to provide our guests with an additional opportunity to have fun and enjoy themselves whilst also keeping fit exploring the beauties of the local area from a different perspective which also emphasises the hotel’s green credentials.
This hotel with its bike rental service enables guests to experience the delights of the surrounding villages and countryside starting off with Varenna itself.
You can choose from a range of different itineraries with cycle routes that circle the lake, pass near historic villas and their grounds as well as routes that will take you into the mountains or are specifically geared towards exploring a variety of nearby artistic gems.
There are so many different options that are suitable for all levels: for experienced cyclists, amateurs or families with children.
Here are some of the most beautiful routes to explore around Lake Como by bike:
• From Como to Colma di Sormano – 42.8 km. Head towards Erba on a route with plenty of ups and downs until you reach the final tough climb at Sormano. For experts;
• Tour around Lake Como – 158.9 km. A circular route that runs around the entire circumference of the Lake. Some of the route is uphill but not particularly hard - however, this is a long trip!
• Tuesday Tour – 32 km. A route that will enable you to admire the beauties of Lake Lugano, Lake Piano and Lake Como!
• Como – Bellagio – 38 km. A challenging itinerary along the ridge that divides the two branches of the lake and crosses through smallholdings, agricultural land and forest trails;
• From Canzo to Monte San Primo – 44 km. A route that’ll take you to the highest peak of the Larian Triangle. Pretty challenging at the beginning before a steep descent across the plains;
• Monte di Tremezzo - 25 km. An itinerary that starts from Monte Tremezzo and travels through the trenches dating back to the First World War and descends towards the lake.
Enjoy a holiday on two wheels. Choose the Villa Cipressi, a hotel with bicycle rentals in Varenna.